It's been some time since I've done a sit-down, chat about me sort of post. And I realized that a lot has changed in the last while - since my last "get to know me" post, I've switched platforms and gained 500+ followers on Instagram (!!!). Which means there's a ton of you that are new(ish) to the blog and might not know me as well as some older readers. So, today I thought I'd do a little 30-questions questionnaire to give you guys a bit of a look at the gal behind the blog!
Without further ado...
1. What is your middle name? I haven't actually got a middle name! My first name is Felicia-Rene, which is plenty.
2. What is your favourite colour? It changes pretty frequently.. Lately, I've been loving millennial pink (who hasn't?). But I also love maroon which is luckily one of my school colours.
3. Who was your first best friend? I had a best friend in junior kindergarten named Brianne. We used to hang out in my basement and put on play make-up all the time, haha
4. How tall are you? 5'4", which is on the shorter side. It's pretty odd, as my parents are both fairly tall so I don't know where my height comes from!
5. Cats or dogs? Dogs, dogs, dogs. I'm allergic to cats, so there's that, but I also prefer pups because of how playful they are.
6. Funniest moment throughout school? Oh god, honestly, I couldn't remember just one. A lot of my best high school memories include my boyfriend, even before we were dating. He always used to give our mean math teacher a hard time which was pretty hilarious. He sat in the back corner, in between a desk and a cabinet, and constantly made smart comments at the teacher.
7. How many countries have you visited? I've visited U.S.A., England, France, and a number of Caribbean islands! But there are so many more countries I'd love to visit someday.
8. Are you in/gone to college? Yep, I'm currently attending McMaster University, where I'm studying English and Cultural Studies. I started back in 2016 and as I mentioned in a blog post, I recently took a year off so it won't be awhile until I graduate!
9. What was your favourite/worst subject in high school? My favourite subject in school was, obviously, English, and my worst subject was math. I was pretty decent in math up until high school, but I had a bad teacher two years in a row and it was game over after that. I can hardly do simple math anymore, haha.
10. What is your favourite drink? I'd have to say strawberry or raspberry lemonade! So delish :)
11. What is your favourite animal? I have two! Dogs and giraffes.
12. What is your favourite perfume? Recently, my favourite perfume has been the Marc Jacobs Honey scent. It's so lovely and not too over-powering, which I definitely prefer.
13. Tea or coffee? Coffee, always! I've tried on several occasions to drink tea and have failed. I just can't bring myself to like it!
14. What would you (or have you) name your children? I have a couple names stashed away in my mind but I'm super paranoid about talking about them, because I'm worried that it'll give people ideas! If you've ever seen Friends, you get where I'm coming from!
15. What sports do you play/have you played? Zero, zilch, nada. Sports and I do not make a good team (haha sports pun). I did, however, do a week-long soccer camp with my friends in elementary school and I spent the week crushing on a guy in the camp. When it came to playing actual games, I sat down in the middle of the field and picked dandelions lol
16. What is your favourite book? Ohh please don't make me choose! I have a ton. "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath, "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen, "Under Rose-Tainted Skies" by Louise Gornall, "Fangirl" by Rainbow Rowell... The list goes on and on.
17. Who are some of your favourite bloggers/YouTubers? For bloggers, I love Amber Fillerup, Kait Killebrew, and Poppy Deyes. But for YouTubers (which, by the way, I love YouTube), I always enjoy watching Cole & Sav, Jess Conte, TheTimTracker, and Madelaine Pestch!
18. What is your favourite movie? If you've been following my blog for awhile, then you probably already know this: it's Moulin Rouge. I loved it as a kid and was re-introduced to it when I started high school. It was even the first movie that my boyfriend and I watched together when we hung out together for the first time as a couple.
19. Are you single or taken? I can happily say that I am taken! I've been in a relationship with the loveliest man on earth since 2013.
20. What's your current hair colour? Currently, it's dark brown with blonde highlights.
21. What is your favourite season? As much as I love summer, with the hot weather and the beach and the sun, I am partial to autumn. It's such a beautiful season with all the lovely foliage and everything is so crisp and heavenly!!!
22. Favourite memory from childhood? Basically, all my memories from Disney World but also from this resort called Sherkston Shores in Ontario. My family used to visit often and I loved it so much. We used to make s'mores and sit by the fire and go mini-golfing. I'd love to go back!
23. Do you speak any different languages and how well? I speak some French. Very little or, as the French say, un petit peu. I took French in school for 8 years but it obviously didn't stick. I can say basic things and know enough to get by, but that's all.
24. Do you have any siblings? Nope, I'm an only child.
25. How would you describe your fashion sense? Honestly, it's a bit of everything, but mostly very "feminine" and somewhat retro-inspired. Big mid-length skirts are my fav!
26. What is your favourite restaurant? Okay, everyone always judges me so hard for this, but my favourite restaurant in Canada is called "Jack Astor's". They sell the best nachos ever and I always get the asiago chicken bowties because they are the closest thing to heaven. They also have the best alcoholic drinks ever! As for American restaurants, my fav is Shake Shack bc I'm a burger fanatic.
27. What are some of your favourite tv shows? I have a billion, honestly. My favourites right now are Gilmore Girls, Downton Abbey, Brooklyn 99, and New Girl. But I also always love me a good throwback sitcom - Friends, Frasier, Will & Grace, Golden Girls to name a few.
28. PC or Mac? Mac, for sure. My entire life exists on Apple and iCloud.
29. What phone do you have? I have an iPhone 8+ in gold!
30. Tell us one of your bad habits. Ugh one of my worst habits is playing with my hair. I can't stop touching my hair! A lot of the time, I'll be wrapping a piece of my hair or bangs around my finger and I don't even notice it. It's a major nervous habit for me.
That's all for now! Thanks for following me and my life on my blog and social media. It's nice to get to know you guys! If you want to keep up with my day-to-day life, you can follow my Instagram or Twitter.
Love you all lots.