I'm so very sorry that this post is up late! I'd meant to have it out last night but it just wasn't meant to be. I've had such a crazy week, I just ran out of time! But better late than never, I always say!
- Christmas is so close!! Good gracious. December goes by in the blink of an eye, doesn't it? I feel like I've a million things left to do. Christmas time seems to be largely about being busy for me haha
- I've finally seen Star Wars: The Last Jedi!! The four of us (my parents, my bf, and I) went out to see it at the VIP theatre on Tuesday because tickets were super cheap and we love to have a ~special~ drink with our film haha. Leading up to seeing this film, we rewatched the original 3 films plus The Force Awakens, so we were pumped. Despite mixed reviews, we all really really enjoyed it! I thought they did a good job at staying true to the Star Wars storyline, without seeming so repetitive. I also liked that there were some humorous bits, like the first bit of the film (I won't say what it was for the sake of those who haven't seen it yet!).
- My boyfriend and I had a lovely dinner with his parents to celebrate Christmas in the middle of this past week. We decided to meet at a restaurant about 40 mins away from my house and exchange gifts. We had a great time, and I was very spoiled by Steven's parents as they gifted me a super cute Roots poncho with a huge loose turtleneck (which I love) and a pair of adorable slipper booties!
- I'm loving the snow. As I've mentioned, I'm all for a white Christmas. I had a bit of a worry at the beginning/middle of this week as the snow completely melted away. Like, I'm talking most of the snow was gone. I was so bummed out, I was hoping for a miracle at that point. And then it happened! Thursday night, the snow came and there is now a fresh blanket of beautiful white snow on my town. I'm major heart-eyes right now.
- My grandma came by later in the week to celebrate Christmas with my family, which was so nice as we haven't seen her as often now that she no longer lives with us. Since my boyfriend had to leave the next day to spend the weekend at home with his own family, we decided to exchange our gifts on that night - and my parents were so lovely as they did not only a stocking for me but also one for my boyfriend to carry on one of my favourite traditions to us. Some of my favourite bits from the stocking were the Too Faced Lip Injection Glossy in 'Milkshake', the heavenly Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter, and afelt pennantwith my university name on it, which I've always wanted. My boyfriend spoiled me rotten this year - he gifted me a beautiful wine-coloured Kate Spade purse and a Beauty and the Beast 2017 Soundtrack Vinyl Record which made me legit emotional lol
I hope you all have a marvellous Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! I'll speak to you all very very soon! Happy holidays :)