Happy (sorta) Friday everybody! I know, it's technically Saturday by the time I publish this post and I'm so sorry for it. I'm also terribly sorry for the lack of a post yesterday. Seems I've been far busier this week than I imagined I'd be. But, as they say, better late than never! Without further ado, here is my weekly update.
- This week, I saw The Holiday for the very first time and I immediately wondered, "Why the hell have I not watched this before?!". I am a total sucker for young Jude Law and Kate Winslet is one of my fave actresses, so it was a perfect film for me. I will definitely be adding it to my Christmas film repertoire.
- After many weeks of barely reading, I finally felt the first urge in a long time to dive into a novel and I read an entire novel in less than 24 hours. It felt soo good. The book in question was Attachments by Rainbow Rowell, a beloved author of mine. It was so witty and spectacular and adorable. Just the thing to get me out of my reading funk.
- I had never considered the idea of a liquid eyeshadow before, save for the creamy-liquid eyeshadow I owned when I was a young girl (I think it was Mary-Kate and Ashley brand?). But when I stumbled upon the e.l.f. Aqua Beauty Molten Liquid Eyeshadow at the beginning of this week, I had to give it a go. Liquid eyeshadow? Bizarre, right? But I actually kind of love it? It is ridiculously easy to apply, cutting down my eyeshadow application time to a bare minimum which I love. Plus, the rose gold shade is gorgeous. And it's super inexpensive. Total win.
- Finally, after a long time of disappointment, one of my favourite Christmas songs was re-released on Spotify and it was the greatest surprise ever. In case you're wondering, it's the Sleeping At Last cover of the Love Actually classic, "Christmas Is All Around". It's the kind of song that makes me want to drink peppermint hot cocoa in front of a fire, with the Christmas tree lit and garland hanging from all over.
- NaNoWriMo is not going as planned... I'm desperately behind in terms of my daily word count goal and it doesn't appear that I'll be able to meet the deadline. But somehow I'm not disappointed? I feel like this challenge has given me the opportunity to really get serious with my writing, so at least something is coming out of it.
- The holiday season is upon us! And with it, the busiest time of year for me. Starting Monday, I'm entering a crazy busy schedule. It seems that every few days, I've got plans. Town events, family activities, movies to see (more on that), company coming over, etcetera etcetera etcetera... I'll barely have time to catch my breath!
- Speaking of movies, I have quite the line-up of movies to see in theatres during the next couple months. Murder on the Orient Express, The Man Who Invented Christmas, Love Actually, Star Wars: The Last Jedi. I'm jam-packed with movies but I am sooooooo excited for it all. I love seeing films in the theatre. It's such a fun feeling.
Hopefully, despite my busy schedule next week, I'll be able to stick to my blog post and get out 3 proper posts. I wish you all a very lovely weekend and will see you back here on Tuesday :)
Song of the week: Midnight Train - Sam Smith