It's Friday!! I hope everyone's had an amazing week, and that work/school hasn't been too exhausting ;) I'm back with a weekly Friday thoughts post, to sum up my week before the busy weekend ahead!
- Halloween was this week!! My family had a total blast this year. We had a laidback Halloween and spent our night watching an assortment of great Halloween films - Silence of the Lambs, Hocus Pocus, and Psycho. My boyfriend and I were in charge of handing out candy to the kids which we were happy to do because it was genuinely so fun to see all the kids in their costumes.
- This week has been so exciting for me as it's now November which means Christmas is soon! I know a lot of people are like, "It's only November, stop talking about Christmas" but I'm not one of those people haha. I've already started decorating my fireplace mantlepiece and it looks phenomenal. I can't wait to share it all with you very very soon.
- Last weekend, my family went to the Cineplex VIP theatre in Oakville, which was mine and my boyfriend's very first time. We saw Kingsman 2: The Golden Circle and we had such a good time. For those unfamiliar with the VIP theatre, you basically get to pick your seat in advance, and when you arrive the chairs are massive leather recliners, and the theatre is equipped with a full food and alcohol menu. My boyfriend and I shared nachos and quesadillas, which were pretty good. But the real star of the show was the drinks. I had the Pineapple Upside Down Cake martini (cake vodka and pineapple juice) and the Coco Mocha (spiked hot cocoa). Yummmmmmm.
- It's NaNoWriMo! For those who don't know, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month and it's a challenge in November for writers to complete a 50,000-word novel in the month of November. Obviously, only a first draft, but it's a way to push you towards a goal. This year I will be accepting the challenge and trying my hand at completing it. Wish me luck!
- Steven and I are still going full-on with watching The Office. We're at the beginning of season five and we're super ecstatic because (spoiler alert!!!) Pam and Jim just got engaged. Eek! So exciting. We've also gotten back into another favourite show of ours, The 100. We watch this with my parents and it's so hard finding the time that we can all watch it together, but we finally got back into it and it's intense. Thank god no one can hear us screaming at the TV in our basement lmao
- I'm FINALLY done Christmas shopping for my boyfriend!!! It might seem super ahead of time, but I mostly shop online so I have to get the shopping done well in advance. I have finally done it. I feel so accomplished haha. I still have to buy for my mum, my dad, and Steven's mum. But Steven is the hardest one to shop for so I'm glad to have that figured out and out of mind!
- Speaking of Christmas (when am I not speaking of Christmas?), the Starbucks holiday drinks and cups are out!!!!!!! Woo!!!! My mum and I went to our favourite Indigo bookstore on Nov 1st, to look for a book I wanted (which wasn't in stock :( ) and decided to pop into the adjacent Starbucks. I was so bummed when I saw there were no holiday drinks listed on the board, so we went up to order and the lovely woman behind the counter informed us that as Gold members, we were eligible for the ~secret~ yet-to-be-released holiday drinks menu! BEST DAY EVER. So, of course, I ordered the Caramel Brule Latte because it's my absolute favourite drink ever. Day = made.
Well, I've certainly rambled on for quite a bit so I think I'll end my post here. Thank you all for reading! I hope you enjoy this weekly sneak-peek into my life. I'll see you all back here on Tuesday. Have a lovely weekend!
Song of the week: Since We're Alone - Niall Horan